Friday, July 1, 2011

12 weeks

Since my last post, we've managed to spread the word to most everyone that we're expecting.  I'm sure that there are a few people in the building that don't know yet - but it'll be days before the news is wide spread.  I've yet to announce on FB... I'm not sure why I haven't posted it yet, I'm sure it'll come soon.

We had our 12 week ultrasound and NT scan today.  I can't remember what NT stands for, it's basically an early indicator for down syndrom.  There are several levels to the test, the first being an ultrasound, which is why we did the test.  Okay - maybe not the best reason to have a test, but I just wanted to see Ziggy on the big screen one more time before I can actually feel s/he kickin around inside.  All signs are pointing to A-Okay... :)  Good news is GREAT news for me these days.  Here's some updated shots of Ziggy:


Can you see the all the parts that proves that it's going to be human???  My husband and I were both taken away with how much s/he moves, wiggles, kicks, turns, and swirls about.  At one point he said - "You can't feel that?"  Nope, I'm sorry, all just a big bloated belly right now. 

All this excitement and I'm still feeling pretty good.  I'm so thankful that I don't have these overwhelming symptoms that make this experience horrible.  Ummm, so there are mood swings (just a bit), and strange food cravings, and the slow inner workings, and the stomach muscle aches/pains, and the exhaustion, and the tender...  Oh!  I almost forgot!  The second best news of this week is the discovery that my office has a "Nappery" ... oh yeah, you know you're jealous.  There is a room in this building just designed for expecting mothers and nursing mothers to have a private space.  Built with chairs, blankets, pillows, and a sink.  No more wishing that I could just nap in the bathroom stall, now I have a place to take an afternoon nap.  *huge grins*

No comments:

Post a Comment