I have a new found respect for mothers that can keep their mouth shut & not tell this wonderful secret until 12 weeks. My husband and I have been cautious, not wanting to tell anyone about Ziggy until the 2nd trimester. I guess it's that fear of having to un-tell people that drives you to keep things buttoned up. Alas - we have not been successful! In the last week, we've told our parents & immediate family. I've averaged about one person a day. I was actually proud of myself for making it through a complete 24 hour period without telling a new person! I'm not really sure how long we'll be able to keep it from extended family, friends at church and work. We're still trying to hold this monster secret in for 5 more weeks.
The catch is that anyone that knows me, or pays the slightest bit of attention to me, would totally be able to call me out. My belly has gone from this cute little 'I need to lose 20 more lbs budda' to 'OMG lay off the beer gut'. The mushroom cap billowing from the top of my favorite jeans is driving me crazy. This is all driven from the fact that there isn't a buffet in the state of Alaska that is safe from an aggressive attack of the bottomless preggo belly. The side effect of this growing belly & appetite is the exhaustion - it has driven me to nap daily after work. I haven't had any major morning sickness yet - but I typically feel dizzy and queezy after I eat. Jason just laughs at me as I flop on the bed, always saying, "This is going to be a long 9 months."
The more exciting news is that we had our 7 week ultrasound yesterday. Jason sat in on the session - quiet as ever. I think it's a little early for him, there isn't a hand to catch a football yet. All looks well, everything measuring out to where it's supposed to be.
I've officially graduated from 'trying to get pregnant' to 'pregnant', getting to move on my from my fertility specialist to an OB. Now to make those decisions - who will be my OB? Midwife or Doctor? Natural birth? Aaaah... I'm not ready!
No comments:
Post a Comment