Monday, May 16, 2011

Ziggy

It’s so intoxicating being pregnant!  It’s like have a new passion, I can’t think about anything but this little zygote growing inside of me.  While doing my hourly stalking of various prenatal websites, www.thebump.com popped up with this notice about my the size of my developing fetus.  It made me giggle, so I told my husband – “Our zygote is the size of a poppy seed!” He wittingly retorted, “You and Ziggy have issues…”.   This is my new pet name for the little one growing inside of me – Ziggy.
My blood results are in from 18 DPO – my HCG has gone from 110 to 622 in 4 days.  That’s a doubling rate of 1.6.  For hours I scoured the internet for any indication if this means twins.  The bottom line from everything that I read – no one knows.  I have to wait until my ultrasound.
My viability ultrasound is scheduled for next Friday.  I have to WAIT until next Friday for the next little piece of information about Ziggy.  J  I’m trying to be more patient & enjoy the non-fat pregnancy days – but boy oh boy is it hard. 
The temptation to tell people is amazing.  I’ll be chatting with a co-worker that I only see once a month, and secretly thinking, I could tell him.  He doesn’t converse in my circle of friends, it would be okay.  But the un-telling is why we hold it in, right?  Geez, the wait, the excitement, it’s all so much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment