I woke up Thursday morning with tender breasts, and small stabbing pains in my abdomen. I thought to myself, "quit psyching yourself out". I think I have a way of making myself feel things. Can you force yourself to have tender breasts? Is it possible to imagine early pregnancy symptoms? Yep, the mind games are amazing.
My blood test was scheduled for later that morning, but the results probably won't get to me until Thursday night. Can I wait 12 more hours to know? No way. I quietly got dressed, dropped my husband at work & drove straight to Walmart to pick up a 3 pack of HPT.
Less than 15 minutes later, in the bathroom stall at work, I carefully peed on the stick, set it down, and waited. No need to wait really, the 5 seconds that it took for the fluid to soak up to the lines is all that it needed to have two bright lines showing. TWO LINES!
Last month I saw two lines, but it was one of those tests that need three lines to be positive. For half a day I thought I was pregnant, later finding out that I was totally wrong. So, knowing that I'm prone to reading these HPTs wrong - what does a girl do? I immediately tested again as soon as I had to pee again! The second test showed TWO LINES! Yay!
I let it settle in for a few more minutes before going to the doctor's office for a blood test. The doctor's office is the same as usual, go in, sit for a few minutes, have a lab tech take your blood, and be sent on your way.
After the blood test I decided to pick up some lunch and bring it to my husband's office. The whole time I'm preparing myself how to avoid the topic, and wait to tell my husband after I get the blood test results. It didn't take him five minutes to ask, "So when do we find out if your pregnant?" My face turned red immediately, there was no hiding this from him. He smiled as I told him that I had already taken two HPTs at the office this morning, and that I was waiting until the blood test results to tell him. It is good news for us both, we're so excited!
The day took forever to get through without telling anyone the news. But finally, my RE called with the blood test results... HCG level at 110! I am pregnant!

Congrats! I just wanted to say hi and welcome to the blogging world. I just found out I am pregnant as well ( due jan 26th) and I found you at the January 2012 mama's blog.
ReplyDeleteI haven't announced my pregnancy on my blog yet, but feel free to stop by.
I'll be following your blog as well.